Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Digital camera bad for scrapbooking

My husband and I got our first digital camera about 8 years ago. At the time, I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and needed to be able to take a lot of pictures of cards and project ideas without having to print them. This was a great tool for me to use with my business, and really wonderful to be able to take pictures at will, not having to worry about the expense of film. We took that camera everywhere, and over the years we took thousands and thousands of pictures, but we never had them printed.
4 years ago when our oldest son was born, we actually did print some pictures of him. There were probably about 50, just so that I could make a scrapbook for my dad. I only scrapbooked about 6 pages for him, and none for me. The rest of those pictures are in an envelope, still unused.
Last year we bought a new digital camera. The new one is much smaller and easier to take everywhere. So we have taken even MORE pictures since then and have had another son.
In this time, this 8 year period, my scrapbooking has become less and less as we have quit printing pictures. Many people I know have switched to digital scrapbooking. Never printing my pictures, you would think that this would be the option for me, however, it is not. The first reason, I am not good with the computer. If I get stuck with something, I get frustrated, and it just escalates from there. It's just not a good idea. The second reason is that I prefer something I can touch. I love the actual act of scrapbooking.
So all these things have come to a head recently as I realized that I need to print pictures of our son who is now 5 months old. I want to scrapbook, I really need to scrapbook, and honestly, I really do love to scrapbook. I need my children to not go through life with a mother who scrapbooks, but no scrapbooks of them.
A dear friend of mine sent me a link to get 100 free photos, then she mailed me a coupon to Costco to get unlimited prints for $.09 each! So this last week, I have spent hours and hours and hours finding photos and getting them ready to print, over 450 of them. As I have gone through this process, ideas for scrapbooking are coming to me. I'm so excited to get these pictures, and so excited to remember what I used to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment