Sunday, April 26, 2009

What I miss the most.

12 years ago this coming June, my mom died. For some reason I was thinking about this today. Actually, I've thought a lot about this lately. I was 25 when mom died. Married not quite 3 years. Hadn't had children yet. Hadn't realized how much I needed my mom.

My husband and I were married 11 years before we had our first child. I would have loved to have known my mom's heartaches, and had her physical support and love through this difficult time. Now, raising my 2 very precious children, not a day goes by that I don't want to call her and ask her questions about raising them.

I know she is with us and loves and cares for us, but some days my heart just hurts to be without her, even after almost 12 years.

2 comments:

  1. I really miss your mom too. She is one special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss her, too! She was a great lady without a doubt!

    ReplyDelete