Monday, July 6, 2009

The value of a picture!

15 years ago this very Thursday, July 9th, my beloved sweetheart and I got married. I'm in so much awe that so much time has passed, yet it seems only a year or 2. I love him so very much and can't imagine life without him. I'm so very grateful for the last 15 years with him, and so very grateful for the 2 beautiful little boys we have produced.
This year we are going to go on a vacation for our anniversary, just the 2 of us. It's the first time we've left the kids so we could go away together. We are both very excited for a little time away together.
I made a mistake 15 years ago. We didn't take any pictures of US on our honeymoon. I felt I was too fat to be in pictures. At the time I didn't think about it, didn't think it would make a difference in the long run, but when I started scrapbooking 3 years later, I wished we'd have taken those pictures. 15 years later, I really wish we'd have taken those pictures. I now know how valuable pictures are. This year I plan to make up for that. We are going to spend some time in the same place we went on our honeymoon. We will never be able to re-create those pictures, but hopefully we'll be able to re-create some of those memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment